Sunday, August 28, 2011

Where I am in the Word


I must admit that I have been struggling to get back on track with spending time in the Bible daily, until just recently.  There was a time when it was automatic for me to start the day with a cup of coffee and an hour in God's word, soaking up the strength to go on with the day.  I got out of the routine, and, as with all good habits, it has been difficult to get back in.  But, I am making progress. 

For the past week, I have been reading the book of Hebrews.  I usually read two chapters a morning, right after waking up, and write my thoughts on the reading in a notebook.  It has been wonderful, so focusing.  I found these wise words:

"...pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away."  Hebrews 2:1

We have to pay attention, or we risk drifting away.  When I stopped getting up early, spending time in my Bible, and praying before I began the day, I wasn't paying attention.  And I drifted.  But, there is hope for me:

"He rewards those who earnestly seek him."
Hebrews 11:6

I need only to seek Him again, and He will be there, ready to reward my efforts.  He has never stopped speaking, I only stopped listening.  It feels wonderful, peaceful to be seeking, paying attention, and drifting back to the Father. 







No comments:

Post a Comment