Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Conversation with God

What has been going on in my life?
Many things that I cannot share here, out of respect and love for others.
But, God and I have been chatting about all of it, so I will share a little of our conversation.
It usually goes something like this:

Lord, I am so tired.  I just want to get some sleep.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 

Okay, that would be really nice.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Yoke?  Oh, I get it.  If I just submit to Your ways, I will find rest.  I guess that means I have to give up my sin, plans, worries, and fears?  I am not sure...

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Easy and light...I could go for that.  So, could you go ahead and make it easy to do what I need to do?

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Yeah, I heard that.  But I just feel weak. 

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And I am faithful;  I will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, I will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 

So, I have to go through some struggling.  I have to stand up under it.  But, I am just so tired.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Oh, that would be so nice.

Take my yoke...

Thank you, God, that you never roll your eyes at me.  I so deserve it.  

Scriptures adapted from 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 and Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment