Monday, November 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, November 29, 2010


Outside my window...it is dark and pouring down rain. 

I am thinking...well, I thought all day that it was the 28th of November, so I think I lost a day somewhere. 

I am thankful for...the blessings of a wonderful Christian mother and father who taught me to love and fear the Lord. 

From the learning rooms...school work has been sporadic the last couple of weeks, but Tiny Love is reading and writing for fun, and Curlyjo is as well.  Between that and the multitudes of UNO games that have taken place in recent days, I figure we have several subjects covered ;)

From the kitchen...I served "That's Italian" soup and turtle bars from a Betty Crocker mix.  It was delicious and sweet enough to induce a raging sugar headache.  Thanks, Betty.

I am wearing...more skirts.  I get a lot of weird looks, but I feel feminine and modest, which pleases the Lord and keeps me from being hyper-focused on whether or not my jeans make my bottom look big.

I am creating...memories.

I am going...to start a Bible study with a sweet and wise friend tomorrow.  I am very excited!

I am reading..."Little Women."  I just love this book!  I am also reading the book of Isaiah.

I am hoping...in the Lord for deliverance from some bad habits and self-defeating thoughts.

I am hearing...my kids laughing at "America's Funniest Home Videos." 

Around the house...there is laundry, toys, coats, and books.  It is time for evening clean up!

One of my favorite things...hot tea, shared with a friend, on a rainy afternoon.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Women's Bible study here in my house, lunch with my siblings, Christmas shopping, and fitting in school!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:  all I want for Christmas is this!


For more simple women, visit www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment