Monday, October 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, October 11, 2010


Outside my window...the sun has yet to peek above the trees, but the birds are singing.  It is cool and comfortable.  I can hear the world waking up.

I am thinking...about my "To Do" list for today.  I think I may have over estimated the hours in one day.

I am thankful for...beef, which always entices Brother to come and visit me.

From the learning rooms...we are having school today, as we don't observe Columbus Day.  Not because he is a legendary farce...well, that may have something to do with it.

From the kitchen...we will be having burgers on the grill, oven fries, and salad.  Come and get it, Brother.

I am wearing...men's boxer shorts and a men's undershirt.  Maybe I am having an identity crisis. 

I am creating...balance in my life.  Starting with desserts.  Today I will balance the amount of desserts in my life.  No, one for each hand is not the direction I was headed with that.

I am going...to Beaver Dam with friends for lunch. 

I am reading...The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.  It is awesome, in that "Wow, I have no idea what I am doing in life" sort of way.

I am hoping...that the weather begins to reflect that summer is over. 

I am hearing...cars driving by, little Daisy Dog feet trotting on the wood floors, and the bell on Chins' collar.

Around the house...there is lots to do.  Today I will mop the kitchen floor and clean the bathroom.  When the kids get up, they will find out that they have a chore list, too.  I am sure it will be a welcome surprise.

One of my favorite things...watching the sun come up and touch the tops of the trees in my back yard.  I love that the top branches of the trees may be the ones that feel the wind first, but they also get touched by the sun first.  God is very good that way.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Dinner out with my friends, Awana, chores, school, hayride on Saturday!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Mom and Dad will be home in three weeks!  I am so ready.  I miss them terribly. 

Mom will be with her kids, smiling and happy.



Dad will be sitting in his rightful place, at the head of the table, which will make his children smile and be happy.

To participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment