Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation Organization

Poetry, right?

I have been using an incredible guide for my vacation packing!  You MUST check out this site if you are:
1.  OCD (check).
2.  Terrified of forgetting something (check).
3.  Not sure what to take on vacation, because you have never been on one with kids (check).
4.  In charge of packing for everyone (check).
5.  Leaving a teenage boy at your house to take care of things for a week (check).


I have made list for everyone, including Brother.  His list includes items such as:

~ Miss sister terribly.
~ Flush the toilet.
~ Mow the grass sometime before it qualifies for the "Prairie Restoration" program.
~ Call your mother daily, hourly if necessary.
~ Unless it is for Tupperware, you can't have a party.
~ Do not neglect the care of the Kitty Friend's litter box, or fear retaliation in the form of urination.

Yes, I am thorough. 
Yes, he will be annoyed.
These are not new concepts.
Without a list of things to focus on, he might do this:


or this:


or this:


When he should be doing this:


All things aside, I am grateful that he will be here to keep up with things while we are gone.   I really do like him very much, even though he does things like this when I leave my camera out on my desk:


And really, he isn't too far off...I am incredibly:
1 a : happily excited : merry b : keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits


2 a : bright, lively b : brilliant in color

(source)


So?  What is his point?

1 comment:

  1. He's going to hate living with the P's when we get home.

    ReplyDelete