Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday!

I really love Mondays!  I just like to begin a new week and get back to a routine after the weekend :) 
The Garlic-Lime Chicken of last week's menu plan was a hit...and so simple!

Garlic-Lime Chicken
1/4 c. lite soy sauce
juice of one lime
1 tsp. pre-minced garlic (or one clove)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tbs. canola oil
pepper, to taste
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.  Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade mixture over it.  Turn the chicken to coat.  Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but you can do it overnight.  When you are ready to cook, take chicken out of the marinade and discard the leftover marinade.  You can grill the chicken or cook it in a nonstick pan on the stove, six minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center. 
Every (meat-eater) in our family loved this!

So, here is the plan for this week:
Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, Baked Potatoes, Frozen Veggie
Wednesday:  Homemade Pizza, Salad
Friday:  Grilled Pork Steaks, Vegan Baked Beans, Fresh or Frozen Veggie
Saturday:  Out
Sunday:  Pasta Salad

I will post my recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey Breast later in the week.  I never measure the ingredients, so I need to do that this time in order to share it!  Make sure to click the above link on "Brown Rice."  I love brown rice, but I find it hard to cook it perfectly, without it being gummy.  This recipe is just right, every time!

Well, better get on with my Monday.  What am I doing?
I have to turn this:

Into this:
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment