Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Another week has begun!  I sat down yesterday afternoon to get a few things organized for the week ahead:

  1. Clipped coupons from the Sunday papers.

  2. Checked the sale adds.

  3. Started a grocery list.

  4. Made a menu for the week.

  5. Filled in my calendar for the week with appointments, etc.
Doing these things on Sunday helps me get an idea of what we have to look forward to in the coming week, and it gives me a sense of control in a world full of chaos :)

Last week I didn't end up making the Garlic-Lime Grilled chicken, so that is making a reappearance this week.  I made the quiche, but it wasn't the best, so I will make another and share the recipe next time.  This week:

Monday:  Vegetable soup, bread machine bread
Tuesday:  Crock pot Pork Chops, Baked potatoes (crock pot), frozen vegetables (I will have a homemade veggie burger.)
Wednesday:  Breakfast!  Eggs, Pancakes, Sausage, fruit
Thursday:  Grilled Garlic-Lime Chicken, Salad, Brown Rice
Friday:  Burgers (veggie for me), vegetarian baked beans, Salad
Saturday:  Fried Fish (hubby's stockpile), Oven fries, slaw
Sunday:  Easy Chicken and Noodles (lunch is our big meal)

I will post other recipes through the week.  On days when there isn't a vegan option, I will just have the side items, leftovers, or use it as an excuse to eat more Ezekiel bread with almond butter.  :)

What are you having this week?  Do you menu plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment