Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Can Make That!

I love my coupons, but I never clip the following:
  • kitchen cleaners (like 409, Lysol, etc.)
  • laundry boosters (like stain releasers,etc.)
  • glass cleaner
  • bleach spray cleaner
Why?  Because I can make these for a fraction of the cost and in very little time.  My favorite is "all purpose cleaner."  It works on so many things (thus the name?):  carpet spills, kitchen counters, sinks, toys, varnished wood surfaces, etc.  And you can make it too.

All Purpose Cleaner

Materials needed:
  • Dish soap (any kind)
  • white vinegar
  • borax (this stuff is awesome--so many uses!)
  • an empty plastic spray bottle
  • warm water
  • Optional:  a few drops of tea tree oil (for scent and disinfection purposes)
Into the spray bottle, pour 2 tbs. dish soap, 2 tbs. white vinegar, and 1 tsp. borax.  Add the tea tree oil if you are using it (it can be found in the supplement section at Walmart).  Swirl gently to mix.  Fill the bottle the rest of the way with warm water.  Put the spray lid on and close tightly.  Turn the bottle several times to mix.  It is ready!

I actually wrote the recipe in marker on the outside of my spray bottle, so I never have to search for it when I need to make more.  It works great and doesn't have a strong chemical smell, which I appreciate. 

Give it a try!  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment