Saturday, April 24, 2010

Avocado Wasabi Dressing

I am in the process of changing my diet a little.  (Why?  Read this.  Don't like it?  Listen to this.)  I know these changes will be a process, and if it doesn't seem to be working for me, I will change it up.  My family will not be making the same dietary choices, so I will continue to cook for them in the healthiest way I can while still pleasing them.  But, that is for another post... 
One of the changes I am making is to eat a large, fresh salad every day.  But salad gets boring, right?  Maybe not.

Avocado Wasabi Dressing
1 ripe avocado, halved and pit removed
1 Tbs. Wasabi paste* (or more, to taste)
3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
the juice of one lemon or lime
salt and pepper, to taste
Water to thin, if desired

Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor.  Add other ingredients and process until smooth.  Let sit in the fridge for at least one hour to let the flavors blend. 
Serve.
*Wasabi paste is in a green tube and is found in the Asian foods section of the grocery store.  It is the spicy green stuff you get with Japanese food/sushi.

I didn't thin my dressing with water, and it was creamy and delicious.  My salad contained romaine lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, scallions, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, and chickpeas. 

It is like butter :)



3 comments:

  1. it's good you seem to have family support on this. haha!!

    When can I come for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks amazing and that dressing sounds fantastic! I am bookmarking it for the future!

    ReplyDelete