Thursday, January 6, 2011

My New Addiction

I have serial addictions...before you go all "Intervention" on me, listen.
I am rather fickle in my addictions, so I don't feel they ever become a real problem.
And most of my needs can be met at your local Wal-Mart, where we are told we can "Save more and live better," so I am sure there is no danger here ;)

I have had obsessive thoughts about:
  • Oatmeal
  • Post It Flags
  • Almond Butter (as you well know)
  • Coffee (OK, this one isn't so fickle)
  • Cigarettes
  • Steno pad notebooks
  • Coupons
  • Sylvia Plath's writings
  • Charlotte Mason Methods
  • Laundry soap
  • Exercise
  • Zebra F-301 Ink pens
  • vegetarianism
  • Presidential elections
The list could go on and on. I know this behavior isn't necessarily "normal," but it could be much worse.  I saw a show this week about a woman who could not stop eating Comet kitchen cleaner, so I figure I am in the clear.  And these little mind ruts don't usually last long.
Right now, I am hyper-focused on obtaining and ingesting this:

I think I need to figure out where to buy it in bulk.
I only drink coffee and water, and I can't stand soda or artificial sweetener, so my drink options are limited.
But this mineral water (especially the one with lime in it) is soooo good. 
I left some on my counter the other day, and I think my Dad thought it was alcohol.
It was the jumbo size bottle, and it was nearly empty.
I promise, Dad.  I only drank water.
And this time you can believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment