Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

On this day, 36 years ago, two people pledged to love one another, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, to never part.  They vowed before God to honor and protect one another. 
And they have.


My parents have honored and held to one another through so much.
For example:
  • Job changes and financial difficulty
  • Moving to another country to support one another
  • Difficulties with extended family
  • Surviving four teenagers and their sinful choices
  • The death of their beloved fathers
  • Physical infirmaries
  • Differences of opinion
  • Loving their grandchildren
  • Building AND remodeling houses
  • Times of no money and times of plenty
I can't begin to do justice to the challenges they have faced.  In doing so, they gave my siblings and I an example of what it really means to honor your spouse, to love them as Christ loves us.  They showed my through their example how precious marriage is, how important it is to CHOOSE love, choose commitment, choose honor.  To love someone even when the going gets tough, giving up seems easy, and marriage seems pressed on every side...but never crushed.  Never abandoned.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for giving me a godly example of marriage, for loving my when I have been unlovable, and, above all, for loving and honoring Jesus Christ by loving and honoring each other.
What a legacy I get to be a part of.
And all because two people fell in love and chose one another all those years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment