Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday...and a Request


When I do a menu plan, I almost always end up improvising at some point in the week.  Things just never go quite as planned!  So, I have decided to tweak the way that I menu plan a little.  I made a list of five meals (leaving one night for leftovers and one for simple food), and I grocery shopped accordingly.  Now I have a list of meals that I can make with what I have on hand this week. 

Dinners:
1.  Hamburgers/veggie burgers on whole wheat buns, oven fries, zucchini
2.  Quiche, bread, and fruit
3.  Chicken wreath and salad
4.  Crock pot BBQ chicken, macaroni and cheese, frozen or fresh veggie
5.  Garden Minestrone and Whole Wheat Beer Bread

Other things to make this week (for breakfast/lunch/snacks):
1.  High Protein Whole Wheat Bread (also from the More with Less cookbook--it is amazing!)
2.  Granola Bars
3.  Tuna salad

If you don't have a copy of the More with Less cookbook, I highly recommend it and its philosophy on cooking and eating.

And now, on a more somber note, I have a request.  I don't know what the rules are about praying for pets, but if you could keep my Kitty Friend in your thoughts, I would appreciate it greatly. 



She is very ill, on IV fluids, waiting to gather enough strength for surgery.  They think she may have a tumor in her abdomen, and she has lost thirty percent of her body weight in just two weeks.  She is weak, and I am not sure she will do well in surgery, or that they will be able to do anything for her.  She has been my friend for thirteen years, and my heart is just breaking that it may be time to let her go.  Remember us today.  I am aware that she is an animal, not a person, but I think God cares about ALL of my tears, and there have been many today from my beloved Kitty Friend.  If nothing else, I pray He will comfort me...and her.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that your Kitty Friend isn't well. Stay strong and remember the friendship and love you have had for those 13 years. I pray that this isn't the time that you will have to say good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sybil. Maybe she is in mourning for me. :) I hope she gets better. I really love her too.

    ReplyDelete