Friday, July 23, 2010

A Little Thrifty Love

The men in my house--The Husband and Brother--have had quite a successful week.  In the last two days, they both had very exciting work-related news.  I am so proud of both of them. 
Neither of them really read my blog, so I can be super mushy without them even knowing it :)

Dear Husband, 


You have always been the one for me, so how blessed am I that you turned out to be one of the most wonderful men in the world?  I couldn't have known when we were young who you would become as a man, but God did.  And He blessed me richly in bringing us together.  Thank you for all your hard work, for your integrity, for your sacrifice for our family and beyond.  You are the most treasured thing in my life.  I hope to have many more years full of opportunities to show you how happy I am to be your wife.  So, in honor of your success, I am making you a special dinner, including two of your favorite things...beef and homemade salsa. 


That is love, babe.
Love Always, The Wife

 Dear Brother,


How awesome is your new venture in life?  I am really proud of you, "Gaylord."  I know you can be successful at whatever you do...remember the time you totally put your heart and soul into doing your laundry?  Wait, scratch that.  What about the time you totally dominated the weeds in the ditch with that mini lawn mower?  Yeah, this is going to be just like that.  You are going to dominate it.  Just make sure you get up in time :)  Thanks for letting me hang out with you and share in your life.  Lots of times God gave me just enough encouragement, just in time, and many times He used you to do it.  You are a pretty good friend.  In honor of your exciting news, I made you Chocolate Chip Cookie bars--with real butter. 


Love, Your Secretary

Who says celebrating has to be expensive? 
I guarantee that they know how important they are to me, and I didn't have to go out and buy anything. 

2 comments:

  1. You used REAL beef and butter?! You know that comes from an animal don't you?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, Lynn...the boys like the animal products. LOL

    ReplyDelete