Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times

I have many times in my life had better days than today.  Frustrations, responsibilities, and misunderstandings were piling on, robbing me of energy to focus on what is important.  So, I am shifting the thought process right now to what I have to be thankful for today.  There are so many things, when I take my eyes off of the distractions.  I am first of all thankful for Jesus Christ, who sharpens me and humbles me every day, but I don't have his picture because, well, no one does.  Except for those weird and sometimes effeminate paintings that I reject as accurate depictions, but I digress.

I am thankful for:
The Husband, who makes it possible for me to be home, focusing on the wrong things.  Sorry, honey :)

These ladies, who love me no matter what kind of day I am having.

A good nap...and the dog who is constantly taking one.

Skies that don't just clear after the storm, but look even more beautiful than before.

Brother, who mows the grass so I don't have to.

Phone calls from Daddy.

And sisters, coffee, Larabars, and exercise, all of which kept me sane today.
And friends.  In good times and in bad--friends.
Guess I had more to be thankful for than I realized. 
Maybe it was a good day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment