Thursday, November 18, 2010

Slow Cooker Fancy Chicken

OK, I totally didn't remember to take a picture of this dinner, so you are just going to have to trust me...it is sooooo good!

Slow Cooker Fancy Chicken

3-4 Chicken breasts, thawed
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. white wine
8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
1/2 a red onion, chopped
1 tbs. chopped garlic
1 tbs. dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 tsp. corn starch

Place all ingredients except the cream and cornstarch into the slow cooker.  I literally just piled it all in there, didn't even stir.  Cook on low for about 6-7 hours or high for about 4 hours. 
When the chicken is done pull it apart in the slow cooker with a fork.  Just stir it all up, making sure to leave the chicken chunky. If it isn't on low, turn it down now and leave the lid off for a few minutes.
Stir the corn starch into the cream.  Add the cream mixture and stir.  Let it cook on low for about 30 minutes.
Serve over brown rice. 

Oh, my.  This was wonderful.
My husband (who hates rice and barely tolerates chicken) loved this.  I fed it to four kids, and they all thought I was amazing. 
And I was.  Because I made three chicken breasts feed six people really well.
Look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment