To participate in Menu Plan Monday, visit www.orgjunkie.com
Monday again! This week I am trying to use up some pantry items, so I am making things that will allow me to not purchase anything but a little produce until Friday. Then I have a plan...more on that at the end of this post!
Tuesday: Bean Tostadas and Salad (I may make a little taco meat for the carnivores)
Wednesday: Veggie Quiche and Homemade Bread
Thursday: Spinach Enchiladas and Mexican Rice
Saturday: Leftovers or out?
- the prices are pretty hard to beat, even with sale ads
- the selection does get better all the time
Drawbacks of shopping at Aldi:
- not many name brand items
- not all products are available all the time
- not all Aldi brand products are as "good" as the name brand
- you have to bag your own groceries
- they don't carry specialty food items (tofu, veggie burgers, protein powder, etc.)
Still, you know how I love to save money! I enjoy the couponing, but I find that on food items, Aldi is hard to beat. I like most Aldi products, so I think I am up for the challenge! So, for a month, I am going to menu plan and shop for food using Aldi items.
Exceptions to the rule:
- I buy eggs from a local source.
- If I can get milk cheaper than Aldi, I will.
- I will buy things that I have coupons for only if I can get them free or almost free!
I can't wait to see how much I can save this month! When I am frugal with the grocery budget, I feel like I am still contributing monetarily to our family while I stay at home. Plus, I like to be trustworthy with the home budget, and the Husband likes it too :)
I will post a grocery shopping recap on Friday, and I will plan an Aldi menu that will be up next Monday!
Are you ready for Aldi adventures?